Friday, January 2, 2015

Changing What and How I eat for 2015

I love food, all food, but there comes a time in your life when just eating any and everything starts to weigh you down physically, mentally, and emotionally. I really just want to feel better about myself and know that I am treating myself right. I decided to finally do my juice cleanse a few weeks ago. After coming off of it, I have not eaten any meat or dairy and I honestly feel great.

I have become a Pescatarian. I will be adopting a diet of 80% plant based foods, 10% fish\shellfish, and the occasional 10% dairy. I've been trying new recipes like Thug Kitchens "Roasted Chick Pea and Broccoli Burrito", which was delicious and one that I highly recommend. It's a winner in my book. I made split pea soup last week that turned out well. The only thing I worry about is my ability to stay consistent. I have learned time and time again that being consistent is the key to making anything in your life work. So I will labor for a few weeks chopping up veggies and trying new recipes until I find that this new way of eating works for me and my family. For New Years Day, I made a pot of black eyed peas for good luck. Paired it with a mixture of collard and mustard greens, cornbread and a 1/4 cup of rice. Our first completely vegan dinner of the year and many more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment