I make Angel Eggs (Deviled eggs) a lot for family and friends. It's a highly requested item that I often serve and bring to parties. They're usually gone pretty fast and they're really simple to make. I never tire of making them because I know people love them. The dish I serve my eggs on is from Crate&Barrel. I love the classic style of this dish for serving my eggs. I use the little center spot to fill with olives or chives. Today, I sliced a few sweet whole pickles and placed them there.
Here's my recipe for you to try at home. Hope they come out well, if not, leave a comment and I will help where I can.
- 17 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Boil eggs using what ever boil technique you like. I start with my eggs in cold water, bring them to a boil for 10 minutes, then I drain the water and let them cool on their own. I notice when I rush this process, the eggs peel badly. You want happy eggs, so take your time.
- Peel eggs. Rinse them so they are free of shells and membrane.
- Begin slicing eggs in half. As you slice the cooked eggs, separate the yolks from the whites.
- Place the yolks in a medium bowl and the sliced whites can go directly onto the egg platter (any extra eggs, can be put on separate plate).
- Add the Mayonnaise, Mustard, Relish, Black Pepper, & Kosher Salt to the yolks.
- With a hand mixer, beat the yolk mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Taste for flavor.
- Begin scooping the yolk mixture into the egg whites using a teaspoon and your finger. Don't load too much, just fill the egg white holes (use photo as a guide).
- Sprinkle paprika over the tops of eggs.
- Eat and enjoy.