My husband luuuuuvs yams of all kinds. He will bake them and eat them straight out of the skin. Which is awesome because that's the healthiest way to eat them! I like peeling them and baking them with herbs or brown sugar and butter. We recently came across these Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes at our local grocery store and they are BOMB! They're organic and sweet and wonderful. We had them for dinner the other day with a few other veggies tossed in. Try them if you get a chance, you won't be disappointed!
|Look how beautiful they look. The orange and purple are amazing!|
- 1 Stokes Purple Sweet Potato
- 2 Garnet Yams
- 1 medium onion
- 6 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 3 Carrots
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Turn Oven to 425 degrees.
- Grab your cutting board & baking sheet.
- As you cut up your veggies, throw them onto your baking sheet.
- Peel and slice on the bias the sweet potato, yams & carrots.
- Wipe clean your mushrooms and slice them up.
- Cut your onion in wedges
- Peel your garlic cloves but leave them whole.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, & herbes de provence over the veggies.
- Pour on the olive oil and toss them around with your hands to coat them.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes.